narcasse: Sebastian Flyte.  Brideshead Revisited (2008) (rationale)
[personal profile] narcasse
I’ve been making what passes as something of an attempt at paella for a while now but today when I set about cooking for the week found that I’d never actually jotted the recipe down. I could really write it down by hand and shove the bit of paper into one of my cookbooks but sometimes it’s just easier to make a note of it on LJ and then use the tags for a quick search when I start cooking thus the following notations.

Paella - 1

Standard onion sautéing with diced bacon and sausages. I’d been using some of the Christmas staple of bacon-wrapped chipolatas beforehand and found that the bacon really added to the flavour.

Bell peppersPaella - 2Paella - 3

I’d used what were labelled as frozen ‘Mediterranean vegetables’ before which consisted of bell peppers, aubergine and courgette as far as I recall but since I didn’t have anything but bell peppers preserved with a bay leaf and some peppercorns that had to do.

Paella - 4

Then came an awful lot of paprika (which always improves any dish) and some garlic powder before I added some long-grain rice because I had some to use up.

Paella - 5Paella - 6

About a soup mug full of chicken stock and then I just left things to simmer on a low-ish heat for a while.

Paella - 7

And this was the finished result which doesn’t taste half bad when it’s cold and therefore can serve as lunch for at least one or two days of the working week.

Hungarian desert wine

To round off then the Hungarian desert wine I’m enjoying while I type this up and a box of mince pies that I should probably get round to finishing sooner rather than later.

Profile

narcasse: Sebastian Flyte.  Brideshead Revisited (2008) (Default)
Narsus

June 2017

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
181920212223 24
252627282930 
weebly statistics

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags